By Matthew B. Hoffman,Henry F. Srebrnik
Matthew B. Hoffman is affiliate Professor of Judaic experiences and heritage at Franklin and Marshall collage and the writer of From insurgent to Rabbi: Reclaiming Jesus and the Making of contemporary Jewish Culture.
Henry F. Srebrnik is Professor of Political technological know-how on the collage of Prince Edward Island and the writer of Dreams of Nationhood: American Jewish Communists and the Soviet Birobidzhan venture, 1924–1951.
Read or Download A Vanished Ideology: Essays on the Jewish Communist Movement in the English-Speaking World in the Twentieth Century PDF
Similar ideologies books
Painfully right is a funny method to a major and stressful challenge. doubtless everyone seems to be ailing and bored with political correctness, and the writer is attempting to persuade people who how one can placed an finish to it's to strive against it by way of being Painfully right. the writer feels we've all condoned political correctness for much too lengthy and it's time to put off it.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2007 im Fachbereich Politik - Politische Theorie und Ideengeschichte, observe: 2,0, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena (Politikwissenschaft ), Veranstaltung: was once ist politische Gerechtigkeit? , Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Im Rahmen meiner Hausarbeit möchte ich auf die verschiedenen Sichtweisen der Theorie der Gerechtigkeit eingehen.
The Brazilian Communist social gathering was once one of many biggest Communist events in Latin the United States till its break up and dissolution within the Nineties. even though no longer granted criminal prestige as a political occasion of Brazil till 1985, the Partido Comunista Brasileiro (PCB) has been tolerated via that country's regime. Such governmental tolerance of the PCB used to be now not continually the case.
In Reflections on Freedom, José Azel brings jointly a suite of his columns released, over a 10 12 months interval, in prestigious newspapers. every one article finds his heartfelt and private wisdom of the significance of freedom in our lives. they're his reflections after approximately sixty years of residing and studying as a Cuban outdoors Cuba.
- NO CHRISTIAN MAN IS AN ISLAND
- Der Utopiebegriff bei Paul Tillich und die Unerreichbarkeit der Demokratie bei Laclau/Mouffe: Utopie und radikale Demokratie als Herausforderung (German Edition)
- Carl Schmitt and the Intensification of Politics (Modernity and Political Thought)
- Change for America: A Progressive Blueprint for the 44th President
- Native American Nationalism and Nation Re-building: Past and Present Cases (SUNY series, Tribal Worlds: Critical Studies in American Indian Nation Building)
- Scarlet Letters: The Ever-Increasing Intolerance of the Cult of Liberalism
Extra info for A Vanished Ideology: Essays on the Jewish Communist Movement in the English-Speaking World in the Twentieth Century