By Maria Carla Chicuen
This booklet is the definitive source to assist high-achieving, low-income scholars entry the absolute best university. the writer attracts from her huge adventure in schooling to supply recommendation on very important facets of the trail to school corresponding to pursuing a powerful highschool curriculum, getting ready for standardized assessments, complementing studying in school, constructing management, and discovering specialist aid and position models—all via cheap options. within the publication, the writer additionally publications scholars throughout the university program and choice strategies, in addition to the stairs to procure adequate monetary reduction.
From the first actual web page, the writer sheds mild on her personal trip to school via deeply own vignettes, demonstrating by way of instance that scholars with few assets can achieve and be triumphant on the best universities within the United States.
Read or Download Achieve the College Dream: You Don't Need to Be Rich to Attend a Top School PDF
Best education policy books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2009 im Fachbereich Pädagogik - Interkulturelle Pädagogik, word: 2,0, FernUniversität Hagen (Kultur- und Sozialwissenschaften), Veranstaltung: Bildungswissenschaften, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Innerhalb der Europäischen Union leben circa one hundred seventy five Nationalitäten, was once eine ungemein große sprachliche und kulturelle Vielfalt bedingt.
The panorama of upper schooling has passed through swap and transformation in recent times, in part due to diversification and massification. notwithstanding, continual styles of under-representation proceed to perplex policy-makers and practitioners, elevating questions about present concepts, rules and ways to widening participation.
Lifelong studying is a key characteristic of society this present day, and is seemingly embraced by means of a variety of educators and running shoes, in addition to by way of governments and employers. during this wide-ranging ebook, Sue Jackson indicates that universities were gradual to embody a lifelong studying time table, and argues that the lifelong studying stories of ladies – and particularly of working-class scholars – are seldom welcomed within the academy.
What are the right kind goals of schooling in a liberal democracy? Given the deep war of words approximately ethical and non secular values in smooth societies, what's the right stability among private and non-private claimants to academic authority? may still mom and dad take delivery of higher regulate over their kid's formal schooling?
- New Developments in Critical Race Theory and Education: Revisiting Racialized Capitalism and Socialism in Austerity (Marxism and Education)
- Future of Higher Education: Perspectives from America's Academic Leaders
- From Mass to Universal Education: The Experience of the State of California and its Relevance to European Education in the Year 2000 (Plan Europe 2000, Project 1: Educating Man for the 21st Century)
- The Third Teacher: 79 Ways You Can Use Design to Transform Teaching & Learning
- Building Faculty Learning Communities: New Directions for Teaching and Learning, Number 97 (J-B TL Single Issue Teaching and Learning)
- Social Justice Language Teacher Education (Bilingual Education and Bilingualism)
Extra info for Achieve the College Dream: You Don't Need to Be Rich to Attend a Top School