By Oon Seng Tan,Hee Ong Wong,Seok Hoon Seng
This e-book (Volume II) brings jointly lectures given via eminent educationalists among 1983 and 2008 in reminiscence of the paintings of Ruth Wong, an influential determine within the box of schooling within the Nineteen Seventies and early Nineteen Eighties. Addressing studying, education, educating, instructor schooling, academic study and coverage suggestions, it's a must-read for educators, schooling leaders and coverage makers attracted to making schooling extra uplifting and profitable for the subsequent new release of learners.
Read or Download Global Voices in Education: Ruth Wong Memorial Lectures, Volume II: 2 PDF
Best education policy books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2009 im Fachbereich Pädagogik - Interkulturelle Pädagogik, notice: 2,0, FernUniversität Hagen (Kultur- und Sozialwissenschaften), Veranstaltung: Bildungswissenschaften, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Innerhalb der Europäischen Union leben circa a hundred seventy five Nationalitäten, used to be eine ungemein große sprachliche und kulturelle Vielfalt bedingt.
The panorama of upper schooling has passed through swap and transformation lately, in part due to diversification and massification. even if, continual styles of under-representation proceed to perplex policy-makers and practitioners, elevating questions on present thoughts, rules and techniques to widening participation.
Lifelong studying is a key function of society at the present time, and is seemingly embraced through quite a lot of educators and running shoes, in addition to through governments and employers. during this wide-ranging booklet, Sue Jackson exhibits that universities were sluggish to embody a lifelong studying schedule, and argues that the lifelong studying stories of girls – and particularly of working-class scholars – are seldom welcomed within the academy.
What are the correct goals of schooling in a liberal democracy? Given the deep confrontation approximately ethical and non secular values in glossy societies, what's the right stability among private and non-private claimants to academic authority? should still mom and dad accept higher regulate over their kid's formal schooling?
- Transforming Higher Education: A Comparative Study: 13 (Higher Education Dynamics)
- Deepening Community Engagement in Higher Education: Forging New Pathways
- Bildung anders denken: Einführung in die Theorie transformatorischer Bildungsprozesse (German Edition)
- Inclusion, Disability and Culture: An Ethnographic Perspective Traversing Abilities and Challenges (Inclusive Learning and Educational Equity)
- Education Reconfigured: Culture, Encounter, and Change
- Kooperation und demokratisches Prinzip: Ein Beitrag zur Klärung des Begriffs Schülerpartizipation (German Edition)
Additional resources for Global Voices in Education: Ruth Wong Memorial Lectures, Volume II: 2