By Nathalie Cohen
Read Online or Download Une étrange rencontre : Juifs, Grecs et Romains (French Edition) PDF
Best judaism books
The Library of Secular Judaism. 2007. 343 p. Written via Yaakov Malkin, foreign Co-Provost of the overseas Institute for Secular Humanistic Judaism, this quantity describes Judaism because the tradition of the Jewish humans and explores key recommendations within the discourse of Judaism as tradition. it is also a historical past of pluralism in Jewish tradition and versions for Humanistic Jewish schooling.
It isn't effortless to overestimate the importance of the Bar Kokhba insurrection. as a result of its long term outcomes, it may possibly be thought of the best tragedy in Jewish background. The catastrophe used to be additional compounded by way of the truth that Rabbi Akiba, the daddy of rabbinic Judaism, proclaimed Bar Kokhba, the chief of the uprising, to be God's Anointed, the Messiah.
After studying the fundamentals of Judaism, Judd Lewis, a graduate pupil in literature, felt he needed to research extra. He dropped out of graduate institution and enrolled full-time in an Israeli yeshiva. Now 4 years have handed and Judd is disappointed. He confronts his former instructor and mentor, a Syrian Jew a professional in Judaism, with a barrage of questions: Why achieve this many stuff within the Talmud appear to be simply smart arguments?
Remark Jérusalem, Athènes et Rome se sont-elles rencontrées dans cette Antiquité qui a décidé de l. a. tradition européenne ? Pourquoi une fille de juifs tunisiens immigrés en France se met-elle en quête de ses racines en devenant helléniste ? Ces deux questions n'en font qu'une pour Nathalie Cohen qui tisse ici son histoire personnelle dans l'histoire des idées.
- Raising a Child with Soul: How Time-Tested Jewish Wisdom Can Shape Your Child's Character
- The Judengasse in Frankfurt: Catalog of the permanent exhibition of the Jewish Museum Frankfurt
- Battered Love (Overtures to Biblical Theology): Marriage, Sex and Violence in the Hebrew Prophets
- The Hebrew Goddess (Raphael Patai Series in Jewish Folklore and Anthropology)
- Divided Souls: Converts from Judaism in Germany, 1500-1750
- Yudisher Theriak: An Early Modern Yiddish Defense of Judaism
Extra resources for Une étrange rencontre : Juifs, Grecs et Romains (French Edition)